An important best practice to consider is to require student athletes to have primary insurance, but institutions have encountered difficulty in finding primary insurance that will cover athletic injuries. To this end, Mutual of Omaha offers a primary accident-only insurance plan for athletic-related injuries to assist institutions that require student athletes to have other insurance to control costs.
NAIA institutions purchasing the excess basic medical insurance coverage through Mutual of Omaha are eligible to purchase this coverage.
The Blanket Primary Accident Program provides coverage while students are participating in covered athletic events only.
- Accident Medical Expense Maximum: $5,000
- Deductible: $5,000 per Injury
- Benefit Period: 104 weeks
Should a participating student-athlete have other coverage, payment of benefits will be coordinated accordingly.
Intercollegiate Athletic Plan
- Fully Insured and Self Funded Options Tailored to fit your needs
- $25,000 excess basic accident medical maximum with a 2 year benefit period
- Standard AD&D benefit of $15,000
- Optional Primary Accident Plan
$5,000 medical maximum. Must be enrolled in basic medical plan to obtain this benefit.
- On-line electronic incident reporting
Complete incident reports on-line and submit quickly and easily. There will be no need to mail claim forms again.
- Dedicated examiner and customer service representative
The participating institution will have a dedicated examiner to speak with each and every time they need assistance with claims or benefit determinations
- ID cards issued for athlete use
ID cards with Preferred network logos will be issued to the school for use by student athletes that have been injured as part of a covered event. Presenting the ID card to providers at the time of service will identify available network discounts and help increase the timeliness of submission and processing of claims.
- 24/7 on-line access to paid claims
The participating institution will be granted on-line access to view real-time claim status.
- Seamless claims transition from basic coverage to NAIA catastrophic coverage
Once a claim reaches the $25,000 medical maximum on the NAIA basic accident medical plan, we file the claim under the catastrophic plan for you.
The ICS, Club, & Intramural Cat Brochure link below gives an overview of Catastrophic Coverage options for three separate lines of insurance — ICS Cat, Intramural Cat, and Club Sports Cat.
Overland Park TPA Forms
Salt Lake City TPA Forms